The Henry Arthur Callis Scholarship Funds
The Henry Arthur Callis Scholarship is awarded to high achieving high school seniors in the Washington, DC area with financial need. The Scholarship Fund was established in the 1960s with a lead gift of $5,000 by Dr. Henry Arthur Callis, a physician, professor, and founder of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
To be considered for this scholarship, the applicant must submit the following by February 28:
- A completed APPLICATION Click Here
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a faculty member
- A personal essay which describes your involvement in extracurricular and community activities since 9th grade; in addition, include your academic and career goals.
- A copy of your SAT or ACT scores
- An up-to-date transcript and copy of your most recent report card
- Completed FAFSA, copy of your Student Aid Report, and/or an Income Statement
You may keep the dream of Dr. Callis alive by helping Mu Lambda to send talented seniors to college! Make out your checks to The Mu Lambda Foundation and be sure to put "Henry Arthur Callis Scholarship Fund" in the memo. Send your donation to: